Thomas Dudley’s casting capabilities are the equal of any other world class foundries.
We have successfully manufactured quality assured grey iron castings and ductile iron castings for customers operating in a wide range of industry sectors. As such, we have already overcome most of the casting challenges that are likely to be encountered.
We are also able to offer customers fully integrated design and prototyping services within our Advanced Centre for Engineering.
Our manufacturing capabilities meanwhile encompass:
- Grey iron castings in grades BS EN 1561:2011.
- SG / ductile iorn castings in grades BS EN 1563:2011.
- Austempered ductile irons (ADI).
- Disamatic mould sizes up to 750 x 570mm and castings to 30Kg.
- Kunkel Wagner mould sizes up to 870 x 560mm and castings to 90Kg.
- Airset mould sizes up to 1.4 x 1.4m and castings to 120Kg.
- Grey and ductile iron castings to near net shape and within CT9 tolerances.
- Full in-house shell and cold box core making, coating and drying.
- Painting, coating, enamelling and other specialist finishes.
- Assembly to integrate castings into sub-assemblies.
- Bespoke packaging.
- Precision drilling, tapping and grinding.